Navigation Bar

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Top 5 Products for Blondes

Top Five Products for Blondes

I'm a blonde. Always have been. Always will be.  I like playing around with different shades, but I have decided that blonde is me.  It took some experimenting in beauty school for me to accept it. I had a fellow student turn my hair green in an attempt to be blonder.  In the correction process I was left with dirty, ashy, dish water blonde hair.  Sometime later (after my blonde-ness was restored) I decided it was time for a change- a break up may have had something to do with it. Side note- don't ever make any dramatic changes to your hair post any type of emotional/hormonal trauma.  Just a word to the wise.  Anyway, I went a golden brown. It was a pretty color, just not me. All this to say, I like my blonde hair.

So throughout my years as a blondie and my years as a professional stylist I have compiled a list of some of my favorite products that are great for those with blonde hair.

1.  Blonde Glam color enhancing conditioner in Perfect Platinum, by Redken
      This conditioner is great if you are trying to brighten your hair up a bit.  There are many products out there with a slight violet tint to aid in canceling out yellow tones in the hair.  This one though, adds a very nice condition and moisture.  A great treatment post highlight job.  Smells great, too.



2. It's a 10 Miracle Leave in Treatment for Blondes
    Spray this stuff in your damp hair and style.  It's a great detangler and adds just a little bit of extra condition and protection.  The original It's a 10 leave in is great, too.  This one just has a little bit of a violet tone to help with the dreaded yellowing.




3. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
   This is a great smoothing serum for anyone, but what makes it great for blondes is how light it is since a pretty good percentage of blondes have finer hair.  Apply it to wet hair and actually helps speed up your drying time.  Apply it to dry, styled hair and it helps to smooth fly-aways without adding any weight.


4. Dirty Secret dry shampoo by Bed Head
     I LOVE this product. I have tried many other brands of similar products but this is by far the best.  It does the job, leaves no residue, and has a light citrus scent.  If you are experiencing a little unwanted "shine" or greasy-ness in your hair, this is the product for you.  We all have used baby powder or corn starch to absorb the oil, which is great in a pinch, but this is an aerosol so it sprays on finely and evenly. Love it!


5. Quick Tease by Redken
    Okay, this product is so cool.  Again, not just for blondes exclusively, but since a lot of blondes I know struggle with flat hair, this product is an awesome volumizer.  It is a finishing spray that adds some grit to your hair to aid in volume.  I like to blowdry my hair smooth and then take some sections in the crown and spray this at the base (roots) underneath.  It gives that extra umpf that we all love.  


No comments:

Post a Comment