Navigation Bar

Friday, March 8, 2013

Best Hairsprays

In the world of professional hair care products the options are endless.  Choosing the product for your hair can be overwhelming at times because of the amount of choices!  I have tried so many products in so many different product lines and I have formed my favorites.  What I like may not be what you like so I encourage yo to try out different stuff and form your own opinion.  With that said though, I thought I might share some of my favorites in the hairspray family.  Here is my professional opinion on the performance on not only my own hair, but on my diverse clientele as well.

In no particular order...

1. Kenra Design Spray 9

    This is a very light hold, soft spray that to me is great for spraying on before doing any curling iron work or flat ironing.  It gives the hair just a little bit of control to help you style.  It's what we in the biz refer to as a "working spray". Smells AMAZING too.  I also use this when working with little girl's hair because of how light it is.  Great for fine hair.



2. Paul Mitchell Extra Body Firm Finishing Spray

    Though the label says firm, I found this to be more of a medium hold.  Another great working spray.  Great for using when curling, up-styling, etc.  A great overall spray.



3. Bed Head Masterpiece
   
    Medium to firm hold.  What makes this spray special is that it adds a great shine/sheen to the hair.  I use this a lot as a finishing spray (a spray to use when you are completely finished styling) for up-dos. 



4. Sebastian Re-Shaper

    All around great spray.  Says a firm hold, but again I find it to be more of a medium hold.  I use this as a finishing spray after flat ironing or blow drying.  This spray is soft enough, though to be a working spray when using a curling iron.



5. Paul Mitchell Freeze and Shine

    A hair styling classic.  This is a pump spray with a very firm hold.  Use it for finishing only because it may flake up a bit if you try to work with it.  This is great for shorter textured cuts.  It's nice for some natural curly styles.

6. Big Sexy Hair Spray and Play Harder

    Now this is a firm hold spray.  If you do not want your hair to move at all, this is the one for you.


7. Kenra Design Spray 25

    I saved the best for last!  This is my all-time absolute favorite hairspray.  It's a firm hold without building up. It dries fast. Holds wonderfully. Never flakes. Brushes out if you need it to.  I love this as a finishing spray for volume and hold with out a plastered down look.


No comments:

Post a Comment