Navigation Bar

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The Dirt on Dry Shampoo

What is it?

Dry shampoo is a powder like substance that you put into dirty hair to absorb the unwanted oil (aka "grease").  It's nothing new.  Dry shampoos have been around for quite some time.  They were more often used to help ladies who were ill or elderly and unable to wash there hair in a sink.  It's basically doctored up cornstarch.  In fact, you can use straight-up cornstarch in your hair if you'd like to absorb any unwanted shine.  Baby powder works, too.  The thing is with these, is that it can get messy.  If you have darker hair, it can leave a chalky, whitish residue that you'll have to brush out really well.

Now days, the new thing is the dry shampoo in the aerosol form.  This is wonderful because now the product can be distributed evenly without a mess.  I love this product for those second or third days after washing when I want to freshen my hair up.  I spray it right where there is  any greasy shine, and it goes away instantly!  It is also a great product to put in your hair even when it is clean to add in texture and volume. There are many brands out there now jumping on the bandwagon, coming out with their on version of the product.  I have a couple favorites, even though I have not tried all that are out there.  Some work, but smell weird.  Some aren't strong enough and feel like I'm just spraying air in my hair with no effect.  Here is my all time favorite.  It works great and smells great, too.


Dirty Secret from!  "Rockaholic" line.


Runner up...

KMS Hairplay Makeover spray.


This one is a little lighter...not quite as potent as the first one, but still good.
Give dry shampoo a try!
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7090155/?claim=kvpytt673wp">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment