Navigation Bar

Friday, September 19, 2014

Amish Pumpkin Crunch

In the spirit of the Autumn season and all things pumpkin, I thought I'dd share with you one of my favorite pumpkin desserts!  I found the recipe in an Amish cookbook many years ago while visiting the Amish country in my home state of Ohio. It's like what some call a "dump cake" and pumpkin pie rolled into one yummy dessert.  I tweaked it ever so slightly.  It is delicious and easy.  Oh- and the house smells AMAZING when this is baking in the oven!  Enjoy!




Amish Pumpkin Crunch

1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 12 oz can evaporated milk
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
3 eggs
3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup butter (melted)


Beat first 6 ingredients until well blended.


Pour into ungreased 9x13 baking dish.  I used a slightly smaller dish so mine came out thicker and I added about 15 minutes to the baking time.  I recommend a 9x13 though.


Then liberally sprinkle the cake mix on top of the pumpkin mixture.


Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix as evenly as you can.  It doesn't have to be perfect, though.  It all balances out in the oven.


Bake at 350 for 40-45 minute, let cool and then enjoy!




-Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment